Options Barton was purpose built provision and provides a wide range of leisure and educational facilities on site. There are extensive garden/play areas, and a large playing field with a multi‐use games area.
Nearby there are opportunities for countryside walks, shopping, a leisure centre, cafes and restaurants for developing social skills and activities in the community.
Our wide range of on-site facilities includes:
- A sports hall and fitness suite where students can develop new leisure interests and maintain physical fitness
- An autism specific playground
- A hydrotherapy pool and sensory room for exploring new sensory experiences
- Horticultural facilities which are used to develop business, enterprise and retail skills
- A bistro which allow students to familiarise themselves with these environments and practice skills which can then be applied in the community
- Trips to the seaside and to local amenities, where important skills like decision making, managing emotions and working with others can be developed
- Specialist equipment including interactive whiteboards and an IT suite that makes learning stimulating and fun!