Offers a real and purposeful alternative to students who may be struggling within a mainstream setting. The unit provides a small specialist environment within which students can study for their GCSEs, through person-centred broad and differentiated curriculums, so that students:
- Can move on into Further Education or employment
- Are equipped with the tools they need to maximise and make use of their educational achievements
Teaching and Learning at The [email protected]
The unit continues to benefit from the on-site resources available to the main school and also offers:
- Class sizes of up to 4 students
- Academic accreditation through the most appropriate format, with GCSE’s at the core, and differentiated curriculum based on needs, skills and interests
- Person-centred Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (PSHCE) Curriculum
- A full range of courses offered in Key Stage 3 and 4 include GCSE Maths and English, Entry Level Certificate (ELC) and Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network (ASDAN). Modified curriculum to support communication, social and life skills development
- Self-management tools and training, supporting access to and engagement with the wider world
- Support from the clinical team
Life after The [email protected]
Students are supported to access opportunities outside of Options Barton to help them develop confidence and experience the world of Further Education and work. Year 10 and 11 students are supported to develop vocational skills alongside qualification attainment and to access careers programmes appropriate to them.
Students leave with a record of achievement and are encouraged to stay in contact. Many will go on to Further Education Colleges to study Diplomas in their chosen fields, or on to Apprenticeship programmes.