Our Vision & Aim
Our vision is to create a community where education is highly valued, diversity is embraced, and young people are encouraged to take control of their learning, with the support of a highly skilled and nurturing team around them.
Our aim for the young people coming to The Tower School is quite simple; we want every young person to progress both educationally and socially. We want them to develop an understanding about themselves and to experience what success feels like. By doing this, we can equip every young person with the skills and knowledge they need to reach their full potential.
At The Tower School, we recognize that education for our pupils needs to provide a great deal more than the National Curriculum.
At The Tower School we aim to ensure that our pupils:
- Are supported to access learning opportunities in a meaningful way that takes account of their learning style and the impact of their Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Feel confident, happy and secure in themselves, their relationships and their learning.
- Have the right to protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Develop and maximize their ability to communicate and interact socially with others.
- Develop their ability to think flexibly, effectively and independently.
- Successfully use strategies to help them manage challenges presented by Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Reach their potential academically and work towards accreditation for their learning at the highest level possible for each individual.
- Have goals and aspirations for their life beyond school and in their ability to achieve them.
- Are equipped and confident to take their place in society; able to be proactive and productive members of * society, accessing opportunities to continue learning or working
- Leave The Tower School with a positive view of their own identity, are as independent as possible and have the skills to make them employable.
To do this we ensure that:
- Pupils placed at The Tower School are all equally valued, respected and nurtured.
- Staff have access to on-going training, including regular safeguarding training.
- Pupil’s needs are rigorously assessed, understood and supported.
- Staff at The Tower School welcome collaboration with each other, parents and outside agencies and actively seek ways to promote the best outcomes for pupils and their families.
- The Tower School offers a school environment that meets the needs of pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorders in terms of structure, resources, teaching styles and clinical support.
- The Tower School offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that meets the needs of its pupils
- The Tower School bases its practice upon current research and recognized best practice and that staff have on-going professional development opportunities.
- We actively promote understanding of autism in the wider community.