Options Trent Acres
Options Trent Acres offers education and residential care to boys and girls aged between 8 and 18 years with autism and a range of Complex Needs including mild learning disability. Options Trent Acres provides a highly structured and supportive environment which supports our children to manage their behaviour and develop personal care, social interaction and independence skills. The service is able to educate children with autism and complex needs, including emotional and cognitive impairment due to early life trauma and learning difficulties. This is achieved through an integrated care model incorporating the skills and expertise within our education and clinical teams. This model enables us to meet children’s individual needs and enables children to develop within an appropriate peer group.
Options Trent Acres is situated on a 12 acre site which provides a wide range of facilities and services within the homes and throughout the site. These services are designed to complement the aims of the school and the objectives for the young people.
- A person-centred and outcomes-focused approach tailored to the individual needs and abilities of each young person.
- Small group teaching in classrooms designed specifically for young people with autism and complex needs.
- A curriculum delivered beyond the classroom to ensure that each student develops social, communication and life skills.
- A designated multi-disciplinary clinical team to support the development of individualised therapeutic programmes for every student.
- A wide range of facilities to give students the opportunity to develop appropriate skills and interests including an equestrian facility, games area, gym, horticulture and animal husbandry.
“Led by an inspirational headteacher who has the highest aspirations for pupils, committed staff are relentless and successful in their drive to improve the life chances for all pupils.”