Options Watermill develops personal programmes, designed in partnership with the people living there, focusing on behavioural, sensory, communication and health needs whilst enabling choice and control.
Watermill has been adapted to meet the changing needs of those in our care. The service includes; The House, The Bungalow and The Lodge, each offering subtly different living accommodations which are appropriate to the needs of those living here.
- 18+ years old
- Male and Female
- Longer term residential care
- 9 self-contained flats
- A 2 bedroomed log cabin
- Main house – 4 bedded unit (individual spaces & communal living)
- Suitable for Adults with ASC and complex behavioural needs
- On site facilities include an activity barn, soft indoor activity area, a classroom facility, an outside recreational area, a sensory room and a hydrotherapy suite. We have support staff who specifically support on and off site activities – e.g. arts and crafts, sports sessions, music sessions, walking activities and swimming sessions. The people we support can also access our nearby sister service Options Roxby House and use the facilities there to support their individual needs
- Supported by the Regional Clinical Team
We are the only adult residential social care provider in the North to have 5 homes rated ‘Outstanding’ by CQC.
“Staff were compassionate, kind and caring and had developed good relationships with people using the service….People benefited from staff having exceptional skills around understanding each person’s needs and aspirations. This included an excellent understanding of sensory impairment and how to support people to be as independent as possible in all areas of their life, through positive communication.”
(CQC Report 2018- Options Watermill)