Options Watermill develops personal programmes, designed in partnership with the people living there, focusing on behavioural, sensory, communication and health needs whilst enabling choice and control.
Watermill has been adapted to meet the changing needs of those in our care. The service includes; The House, The Bungalow and The Lodge, each offering subtly different living accommodations which are appropriate to the needs of those living here.
- 18+ years old
- Male and Female
- Longer term residential care
- 9 self-contained flats
- A 2 bedroomed log cabin
- Main house – 4 bedded unit (individual spaces & communal living)
- Suitable for Adults with ASC and complex behavioural needs
- On site facilities include an activity barn, soft indoor activity area, a classroom facility, an outside recreational area, a sensory room and a hydrotherapy suite, a Play Barn which includes a soft play area and ball pool, a multi-functional classroom, trampoline, swings, seesaw and large gazebo.
- Supported by the Regional Clinical Team
“Staff were compassionate, kind and caring and had developed good relationships with people using the service….People benefited from staff having exceptional skills around understanding each person’s needs and aspirations. This included an excellent understanding of sensory impairment and how to support people to be as independent as possible in all areas of their life, through positive communication.”
(CQC Report 2018- Options Watermill)
“The service aims to further and celebrate personal development. The person centred support enables individuals to achieve their own goals to their full potential.”
(Autism Accreditation Report)